In addition to the Security Patrol, there are other benefits to WIRCA Members. They have access to our password protected website, which includes our member directory, contact info for our Board of Directors and Security Patrol, and where our monthly e-newsletter can be found.
The monthly newsletter is typically sent on the first of each month, in electronic format only. It is produced blog-style, and members with email addresses on file receive up to two notification emails per household when a new edition has been published. Newsletter content includes:
- Security/crime report for the previous month including statistics from surrounding communities
- Real estate activity reports
- “Board Shorts” – Report from the board of directors and committees
- Pet Directory helping to re-unite lost pets with their owners
- Neighbor to Neighbor communications. Any member can submit an announcement or news.
- Local events
- Road work or other items that may impact the neighborhood
Membership in WIRCA is not mandatory, but the vast majority of household join to take advantage of the member benefits.